Early Journal Content on JSTOR, Free to Anyone in the World
This article is one of nearly 500,000 scholarly works digitized and made freely available to everyone in
the world by JSTOR.
Known as the Early Journal Content, this set of works include research articles, news, letters, and other
writings published in more than 200 of the oldest leading academic journals. The works date from the
mid-seventeenth to the early twentieth centuries.
We encourage people to read and share the Early Journal Content openly and to tell others that this
resource exists. People may post this content online or redistribute in any way for non-commercial
Read more about Early Journal Content at http://about.jstor.org/participate-jstor/individuals/early-
JSTOR is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary source objects. JSTOR helps people
discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content through a powerful research and teaching
platform, and preserves this content for future generations. JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit
organization that also includes Ithaka S+R and Portico. For more information about JSTOR, please
William and Mary College
Editor: LYON G. TYLER, M. A., LL. D.,
PRESIDENT OF WILLIAM AND MARY COLLEGE, WILLIAMSBURG, VA.
Htcfymortb, Va. :
Whittet & Shepperson, General Printers.
William and Mary College
Historical Quarterly flagazine.
Vol. V. JULY, 1896. No 1.
1. Timson Family (concluded), Showing Intermarriages with Crawley,
Thornton, Garett, etc., 3
2. Stbachey op Sutton Coubt (concluded). Showing Intermarriages
with Hodges, Elletson, Cross, Vernon, Mastin, Leverl, Metcalfe,
3. Metcalfe Families of England and Virginia, Showing Intermar-
riages with Stone, Opie, Kenner, Bust, Levert, Mastin, etc. , . 10
4. Joubnal op the Meetings of the President and Masters of Wil-
liam and Mary College, with Notes Regarding Travis Family, etc., 15
5. Marriage Bonds at Warsaw, Eichmond County 19
6. Pbovidence Fobge in New Kent County, with Notes Regarding the
Jerdone, Holt and Coleman Families, 20
7. The Shield Family (concluded), with Notes Regarding Mallory,
Corbin, McCandlish, etc. 23
8. Willis Family, and Chart, 24
9. Bickley ob Beokley Family, 28
10. The Dandbidges op Vibginia, Showing Intermarriages with Wal-
lace, Henly, Aylett, Custis, Washington, Bassett, Langbourn,
11. Letter op a London Father to a Servant-Daughter in Virginia, . 40
12. A London Mebchant's Letteb to his Brother in Virginia, (1644), . 40
13. Will op Horatio Woodhouse and Other Extracts, ... 41
By Edward W. James.
14. The Thornton Family op Vibginia (continued), .... 44
15. Notes prom Mabyland Records, 47
By Judge Henry H. Goldsborough.
16. Smiths op Vibginia — Jaquelin and Ambler Connections, . . 50
17. Throckmobton Chabts 54
18. Stabke Family (continued), 56
19. Mabbiage Licences of Elizabeth City County (1698-1702), . . 57
20. The Thoenton Family (continued), 58
21. Selden Family, 60
22. Bebnaed Family 62
23. Histobical and Genealogical Notes — Banks, Charles Carter of
"Cleve," Schooling, Bible of Rev. David Mossom and Mossom
Entries, Diggs Silver-thread Curtain, Colonial Rebels, Benjamin
Borden, Sr., John Gerrard, and Major William Newton, Perrin,
Smith, Goocb, Bricks, Botetourt Medals, Jerdone, etc., . . 64
24. Notes on Books, 71